Monday, July 5, 2010

Just getin started

It was at least a week ago when I started cutting out my Butterick 5351 dress pattern. I was too exhausted to start sewing. Actually, I hadn't even finished cutting out the pattern pieces. When I got back from vacation I finished cutting and such. I really hope I become good at cutting and transferring patterns because its a pain. With all the pattern size lines and notches and adding the seam lines. I love sewing though it relaxes your mind and definetly relieves stress. I spend a lot of time seam ripping; I'm really good at that now:) Anyway I have been working on my dress all day, referencing books, and my mom. Really, I haven't encountered any major problems. I am just having dificulties understanding the directions. I don't know what a slipstitch is well, now I do. Can you slipstitch on a machine? I know how to do it by hand, but I'm not sure If our Husqvarna Emerald 116 is capable of doing so. Another question: When you baste are you supposed to remove it. Sometimes the pattern instructions tell you to baste the seam. I think I'm done for the night, butI have set a goal to finish my skirt and the little bit left of the bodice by 4 o'clock tomorrow. I will finish it and post some pictures. It isn't bad at all and I am definetly pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment