Saturday, July 10, 2010

Buttonholes- What Am I Doing Wrong?

I picked out the most basic skirt to sew my daughter and it requires a buttonhole. Okay, my machine has an automatic buttonhole foot, no problem. WRONG. I don't know what gives. After testing on a scrap I just can't get it right. I have tried the automatic foot and the manual buttonhole. The same problem. Each side of the button hole is stitching completely different.
Buttonhole Disaster

What do I do to fix this? HELP!!! This was supposed to be a 1 hour project.

And a special thanks to my daughter for looking over my shoulder while I typed. I called it an automatic "butthole" foot by accident. Freudian slip maybe?

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to say what's causing the buttonhole problem without sewing the machine setup. You are correct, it should do both sides the same. I wish there was a way I could see it running, so I could help!

    ReplyDelete