Saturday, September 18, 2010

Seam Binding- Now What?

On Thursday I stopped in Goodwill near the Joann Fabrics to see if they even carried anything sewing related.  No books or neat machines like other people find.  I did however find a bunch of seam binding.  Some are lace too.  Since I don't have a serger is this the stuff I use to clean up the insides of my garmets some?  I am sure it will be used somehow.  What do I do with the lace ones though?

Seam Binding Find

Look how much one of them used to cost. 17 cents. I wonder how old these are!!

Seam Binding Find

2 comments:

  1. I think the lace ones are for hemming skirts. I haven't done this, but I think you sew the lace to the unfinished skirt hem and then turn the hem under and sew the lace to the skirt. This way, the raw edge of the hem is neatly underneath the lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting find. Is it like bias tape? The lace would be an elegant touch to a skirt.

    ReplyDelete