Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Butterick B5216 View C - Finished and Review

I think I may actually wear this shirt.  It is a little longer than I am used to but it's not so bad.  

Here is the shirt on the hanger:

Butterick 5216


And on me (I have shorts on, I promise!!):

Butterick 5216


With a belt (thought that jeans would be a better look):

Butterick 5216

I am thinking this will look cute with some skinny jeans and ballerina flats.  To bad I don't have any ballerina flats.  I think my skinny jeans are living in one of my daughter's drawers.  I may have to conjure them up.

On to the review:

Pattern Description: Loose-fitting, pullover top or tunic has narrow him. Gathered shoulders, elasticized, empire waistline.

Pattern Sizing:Xsml-Sml-Med

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow?Yes

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?No dislikes. As a beginner I like how they did the casing for the elastic. Quite simple.

Fabric Used:Fabric I got for $1/yd at Joann Fabric. Not exactly sure what it is. Light and flowy with a little stretch. The fabric was a little hard to work with but I am still happy with it.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:I had to change the arm hole a little. It was a little tight and hard to do the narrow hem around the arm. I let out the side seam at the top some to allow for a little more give when doing the narrow hem around the arms. I may go back and gather a little more on the shoulder seam so they are thinner.

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?Maybe, but I would make it longer so it will be a dress.

Conclusion: This is described as a very easy pattern and I agree. The directions were easy to follow and straight forward. This is a pattern a beginner could get through and be happy with the results.

3 comments:

  1. I agree, it will be cute with skinny jeans and flats. Or maybe leggings and sandals, if the weather permits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, really cute on you and I think the fabric is great! I have this pattern too and have not made it yet...that's going to change now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I want to buy this pattern now!

    ReplyDelete